Monday, July 20, 2009

My Open Studios Experience

This year I had my first Open Studios. The first, at my studio in Crane Street was in March and was an unexpected success. It was a last minute affair as we were asked by The Armory Show organizers to participate at rather a late stage. Nevertheless, we threw open our doors and there was quite a buzz about the place. Given that it was a Friday night, I was very pleased with the turn out. I sold a painting called 'Towards Land III'. I was happy and sad to see it go! However, the new owner loves his painting and that makes me very happy indeed.

The second Open Studios took place at the Juvenal Reis Studios in May. This was a two day affair and again I was surprised by the large showing of art enthusiasts. I also had moral support from friends Lisa, Carla, Susan, Roon and Charles. I was also lucky enough to be sharing space with three very experienced artists who were members of LICArtists. I learnt quite a lot from them over the weekend. Again I sold a painting so I can claim another successful Open Studios! Thank you to LICArtists for organizing the studio space after the closure of Crane Street Studios.
Pin It Now!