Saturday, August 18, 2012

Passionate About Watercolors

I'm a big fan of working with watercolors. I disliked them once because they can be difficult to control and unpredictable. Now I love them for the same reasons! It's very rewarding gaining control and mastering different techniques and yet because they can be unpredictable, the unexpected effects can be very appealing and exciting! I like working on fast sketches from live models with watercolors. There is no time to get bogged down with too much detail yet enough time to capture a gesture or mood. These are two 20 minute sketches that I did recently at the Society of Illustrators. The beautiful model in the top sketch is Tangerine Jones who describes herself as a 'performance artist and illuminatrix supreme served up with a side of burlesque'. I just love the personalities I meet in NYC! Take a peak at Tangerine's blog Fresh Made Fierce.




Pin It Now!