Saturday, May 24, 2014

Small Works on Paper

My passions in art mainly lean towards abstract and figurative work. It makes sense then that I find myself feeling the need to blend the two. Not an easy task! I am starting with small works on paper as I experiment with texture and technique. The plan is to eventually work up to large oil or acrylic paintings that are filled with movement and energy. I believe that my fascination with texture and color from the urban environment in which I live as well as the influence of nature, which I am always aware of, find a way into my expressive work.

This piece called Turning Point is currently on view at the Citigroup Building in Long Island City, NY. Acrylic on paper, 8 x 6 inches, 20.3 x 15.2cm. To see more visit my website or Facebook page.


Pin It Now!