Thursday, November 24, 2011

Au revoir Frederic

My dear Parisian friend and fellow artist Frederic Choisel is heading to California after a two year stopover in New York! I will miss his company at various life drawing venues around the city, his critique and advice regarding my work, his vast knowledge of art history but most of all his humor and kindness. I feel like I am losing a friend and teacher to the West Coast! C'est la vie. New York is a transient place where many people pass through for a few years. Others, like myself, can't live anywhere else. To quote John Updike "The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding".

Here is a 15 minute sketch I did at the Society of Illustrators while he was drawing the models.



Pin It Now!