Sunday, July 29, 2012

Spring Studio

It can be easy to get out of the habit of going to life drawing sessions, especially once summer has arrived bringing with it those gloriously hot evenings. Don't forget I'm from London and therefore passionately love the hot weather, humidity and all, in NYC! However, I made a special effort in July to keep up life drawing. Created by Minerva Durham, Spring Studio is one of my favorite venues with it's excellent models available seven days a week. I particularly like these two sketches. The model was a dancer and was very tall and lean. He could create and hold a most extraordinary pose. I like how he curled himself up into a ball for this 5 minute pose. The time went too fast but I'm happy with what I captured with in this simple watercolor.



Pin It Now!