Sunday, March 30, 2014

Armory Show 2014 Picks


During Armory Arts Week this year I ran from open studios to opening receptions to the Armory Show and the Volta show, hopping on and off those those fabulous Citibikes on a freezing cold day! My brain was overwhelmed by the end of the day but as usual with these kind of events, I was left in awe, inspired, encouraged and fired up! I found the Armory Show to be a little less edgy this year with not so many attention grabbing pieces - for attention grabbing sake - and a little more art that I could relate to. So here are a few pieces that I picked out for one reason or another. Composition, expression, movement, emotion or maybe technical skill are factors that draw me to certain pieces. Some I could imagine in my apartment!

Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
Scoli Acosta at Galerie Laurent Godin
Cecily Brown at Two Palms (detail)
 Georg Baselitz at Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac
Geog Baselitz (detail) at Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac
Robert Heinecken at Edwynn Houk Gallery
Horasan at Pi Artworks
Man Ray at Edwynn Houk Gallery
Ian McKeever at Hackelbury Fine Art

Ian McKeever at Hackelbury Fine Art
Henri Matisse

 Valdes Manolo at Marlborough

Michael Goldberg at VVFA Modern

Conrad Marca-Relli

Grace Hartigan at Armand Bartos Fine Art

Alyssa Monks at David Klein Gallery
David Reed at Peter Blum Gallery



Pin It Now!